Warranty, Returns and Repairs
WARRANTY POLICY - CONSUMER GUARANTEES
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL). You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
According to ACL, there are nine consumer guarantees that apply to goods you purchase:
- Acceptable Quality
- Fit for a particular purpose
- Match Description
- Match the sample or demonstration model
- Express warranties will be honoured
- Spare parts and repair facilities will be available for a reasonable time after purchase
- Title to the goods
- Undisturbed possession of the goods
- No undisclosed securities on the goods
Consumer guarantees are always included in any voluntary warranty you are given or in addition to any extended warranty you purchase. For more information about the Australian Consumer Law and consumer guarantees, visit www.consumerlaw.gov.au.
SCOPE OF WARRANTY
Under this Warranty Policy, Unix warrants that its products, under normal and intended use and in accordance with the relevant product’s Technical Specifications, Installation Instructions, and this Warranty Policy, will be free from defects in materials, assembly and workmanship of a period of up to 15 years from the original date of purchase. Please refer to the relevant product detail page for specific warranty years.
- This Warranty Policy does not cover abnormal wear and tear; nor does it cover a component that has been subject to customer abuse, misuse, negligence, unauthorised service, modifications, improper installation or damage caused by accident.
- This Warranty Policy does not cover any products that have been assembled incorrectly - e.g. bolts and screws not installed as per instructions.
- This Warranty Policy does not cover any indirect or consequential loss.
- This Warranty Policy does not cover any shipping costs for the return of warranty items.
- The Product must be used for the purpose for which it is intended and the application for which it was designed.
- Unix will, at its discretion, repair or replace any defective product without charge to the owner within the warranty period under this Warranty Policy.
- This warranty applies only to the original purchase. Proof of purchase is required for warranty claim.
- This warranty only covers maximum 2 claims for any repairs.
We are confident that our products are of excellent quality and will greatly satisfy our customers. However, in the event that customer wants a warranty replacement for extra protection and a peace of mind, we do offer warranty replacement depending on each product.
Warranty Replacement is perfect for customers who use our product under intense environment where the product experiences severe wear and tear quicker than normal usage. This Warranty Replacement will help customer to cover costly repairs and customer can be ensured that we got their back!
Conditions of Warranty Replacement
- The length of each Warranty Replacement offered for some products are different. Please check carefully if the length of the Warranty Replacement on the relevant product detail page.
- The Warranty Replacement is only applicable to some products. Please check carefully if your product is eligible for a Warranty Replacement on the relevant product detail page.
- Customer can only purchase Warranty Replacement once at the time of purchase, during the warranty period or 28 days before the warranty ends.
- The Warranty Replacement only covers for 1 Product Replacement during its warranty period.
- The Warranty Replacement Policy does not cover a product that has been subject to customer abuse, misuse, negligence, unauthorised service, modifications, improper installation or damage caused by accident.
- You can select to purchase Warranty Extension for any product on our online store. However, this Warranty Extension may apply for some products only, so we advise you to review carefully before making any decision. You can also apply for a Warranty Extension by emailing us at [email protected]. We will respond within 48 hours and we may request for further verification to process the request.
REFUNDS & RETURNS POLICY
At Unix Solutions, we strive to deliver you a variety of products at the best competitive prices every day. We understand that there may be a time where you need to return a purchase from us. As a customer, you are entitled to a Return within 30 days of purchase.
Consumer Guarantees and Your Rights Under the Australian Consumer Law
Please refer to Consumer Guarantees for more information
1. Am I eligible to return my product?
a) Change of Mind Returns
As a customer of Unix Solutions, you are entitled to a Change of Mind return within 30 days of purchase. However, you shall be liable for the following costs of return:
i. There will be a 10% restocking fee applied to your refund.
ii. You will be responsible for arranging and paying for your Change of Mind return.
Please contact us via email at [email protected] as soon as you want a Change of Mind return. We will request further information to assess your identity and purchase in order to process your refund.
b) Faulty Goods Returns
If your product is faulty upon receiving it, please contact us as soon as possible via email at [email protected]. Please include your order number and a photo of the item’s condition. We address these on a case-by-case basis, and we will try our best to work towards a satisfactory solution.
We will arrange to have the faulty product returned to our warehouse and we will either arrange for a replacement of the product or refund the price to you.
However, please note that we will request for further information before approving the Faulty Goods Returns request. If the goods are not faulty upon our careful inspection, we will inform you accordingly and send you an invoice for the delivery return fees.
The faulty product must be returned in its original packaging, accessories, and manuals.
c) Goods Damaged in Transit
If your product arrives damaged, please contact us as soon as possible via email at [email protected]. Please include your order number and a photo of the item’s condition. We address these on a case-by-case basis, but we will try our best to work towards a satisfactory solution.
Once approved, we will arrange to have the damaged product returned to our warehouse and we will either arrange for a replacement of the product or refund the price to you.
The damaged product must be returned in its original packaging, accessories, and manuals.
d) Wrong Item Received
If you receive the wrong item, please contact us as soon as possible via email at [email protected]. Please include your order number and a photo of the item.
Once verified, we will arrange to have the wrong item returned to our warehouse and we will arrange for a replacement of the product within 24 hours of notice.
The wrong item must be returned in its original packaging, accessories, and manuals.
2. How do I return my product?
You can contact us directly at [email protected].
Please include your order number and reason of return when you contact us.
We will get back to you within 24 hours upon submission of request and we may require further information to verify your identity and your order.
3. When will I receive my refund payment?
Once a refund has been processed and the item has safely returned to us, the full amount of the order will be refunded. Refunds can only be paid in the same tender as the original purchase or refunded to the account used to pay for the item. It may take 3 to 5 business days for the refund payment to appear. However, the length of refund payment is not guaranteed, and will solely be based on your payment method. We advise you to check with your respective bank or third-party payment method for further details.
For Paypal users, you can visit the Paypal website or contact them on 1800 073 263 for more information.
4. Am I eligible to request repair service on my product?
Under the Consumer Guarantee,you are entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. For further information on your rights, please refer to Consumer Guarantees for more information.
5. How do I request a repair service?
You can contact us directly via email at [email protected]. We will get back to you within 24 hours upon submission of request and we may require further information to verify your identity and your order.
Any products returned for repair will be assessed and/or repaired within a reasonable time. You may be provided with an indicative repair time. However, the repair time may vary due to reasons beyond ours or the repairer’s reasonable control, such as component availability or wrong fault description.
In the event where the product is assessed to have been damaged by misuse or accident, or manufacturer’s warranty or your rights under the Australian Consumer Law may not apply, you may be required to pay extra fees (such as labour, assessment and/or freight fees).